Tuesday 28 March 2017

Two years and counting....


 Henibean is 2 years old today! 
I know I've not been as diligent at writing over the last month... it's been a difficult time... and I haven't felt much like sitting and tapping out my thoughts on the keyboard ....but hey this blog is about balance ... and you have to cut yourself some slack sometimes don't you? 


A lot has happened in the last two year and today I wanted to
mark the occasion by at least writing something and taking some time to look back over all the post that have been put up here.  As I look back, I am reminded of some of the fun adventures that we have had with Heni (here, here) .... and some of the fun respite trips we have taken as a family without her (here, here)... also, the walking with wheelchair post (here, here) and Eating out with food intolerance posts (here here). Here are a few of the many "Sanity Space projects" that I have undertaken (here, here, here, here)... some of the "Books I've reviewed" (here, here) ...the "Rants" I've had (here,  here) and some of the "Health" related blog posts I've written (here, here, here) .

There are Far too many to list,  but I hope that you will go check some of them out via the links, or go visit the side bar and browse around and have a read.

When I started the blog two years ago it was with three intentions....
....it was to be a creative outlet for myself...
....a family history/journal for my kids to read one day...
....and it was also a tool to share some of our life, trials and lessons learned with other Trisomy families who  hopefully may have been able to benefit from some of the things we have experienced with Heni.

Now that Heni is no longer with us I have been wondering what direction to take with the blog?
I guess the first two intensions remain the same, and to some degree our journey through grief may be helpful to some out there.... 
But...in this next year you may find that I write a few more health related topics and book reviews and who knows what else may appear? I hope you will stick with me and find out how things develop. I am in no hurry. I have accepted that grief is a journey and some days I may feel OK and want to write while other days I don't. 
I would  however love to get some guest posts on here though... after all the theme of the blog is "Learning how to live amid challenges and maintain health, sanity, creativity and balance"... and I know that there are a lot of people out there (in addition to me) who are going through challenges!

If you feel like you would like to write a post about your challenges and what you are learning and how you are striving for balance, OR if you have an expertise in physical, emotional and spiritual health, creativity, and life balance.... and think that you could be of benefit to Henibean's readers, please feel free to get in touch with me (message me on Henibean's face book page).

In the next few weeks we are heading up to the Lake district again (our yearly trip) and are going back to where we stayed with Heni last year.
My son and daughter in law are flying in and some of Heni's carers who have holidayed with us for years are also coming along. We are going to be putting a memorial bench in situ and will also be taking our yearly family pictures. It will be a trip filled with mixed emotions... but I hope that more than anything it will be filled with love, laughter and fond memories of all our time spent with each other and with Heni.  Which reminds me ....no birthday would be complete without a rendition of happy birthday.....so here is one from big bro T to Heni last year on holiday for her 21st!




Keep a look out for up coming posts of our trip....and please forgive me for being sporadic as I work my way through all the ups and downs of the grief journey. 

Hope to see you all real soon!

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...