Thursday 2 April 2015

Easter - The Season of Uplift.


Not only do I love this time of year because there is promise of better weather and brighter skies ahead...(and possibly some sunshine) but I  also love that I can get a sense of renewal and answers to problems by attending April General Conference which always happens around this time of year. 
It doesn't always fall on Easter weekend but this year it does. What better way to celebrate the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ?....The reason behind the season.
So between spending time with family, doing Easter egg hunts around the living room or garden (depends on the weather as everything does in  England!) AND lots of lovely food.......I get to have two full days of spiritual uplift and strengthening. Something that I just can't do without.

Just like we need food for our bodies to have energy and strength to do the things in life that we need to do. I look forward to that spiritual nourishment that I gain from listening to the talks and council and wise words  gained from 5 sessions and 35 speakers. These give me strength of a different sort ...the type that allows me to carry on amidst discouragement, trial and hard times. Something that we could all do with. 

So this Easter it is my invitation to you to share in this feast and encourage you to go check out conference https://www.lds.org/general-conference/sessions/2015/04?lang=eng and see for yourself. I realize  everyone has different taste in "foods",  and this may not be to your taste. However... when I have a feast before me it only seems  right that I at least offer to share.

 


Happy Easter

Jx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...